Project Coordinator | CBO Strengthening Program
Location of Post: Oyam, with regular travel to partners across Northern Uganda & West Nile
Organization: FICH’s profile
Foundation for Inclusive Community Help (FICH) is a vibrant indigenous grassroots organization with
its main offices are based in Oyam District, Northern Uganda. With zeal and desire, FICH assist and
support youth in school, married/unmarried women and men, persons with disabilities, youth and
those that dropped out of school with special attention given to the poor dwelling in hard-to-reach
and remote areas.
FICH’s priorities are in education for children less privileged and disadvantaged in poor dwelling
communities with a strong focus on promoting foundational skills of literacy and numeracy, life skills
and entrepreneurship development, women empowerment, and community strengthening. We
target the age group 6 to 35 years but address concerns of children in the care of young mothers and
child-headed households. Activities are carried out within schools and out-of-school settings and
through groups and associations in the communities.
FICH collaborate closely with target communities through organized groups and associations,
community-based organisations, grassroots structures, leaders, government agencies and relevant
institutions at the grassroots level.
FICH has partnered with Grassroots nest for Innovations and Change (GRiC), to support Community-
Based Organizations (CBOs) in northern Uganda to facilitate and enhance children go to school, learn,
stay on and transition to different levels of education and employment. In this regard, we intend to
recruit a project coordinator to lead and coordinate the capacity strengthening of local CBOs
organizations to co-create innovative, sustainable, and scalable solutions that increase opportunities
for quality education for all children and youth in marginalized communities in northern Uganda. The
coordinator will be based at FICH office located at Karacel Community Development Centre in
Akongatar-Village, Iceme, Oyam District but with a lot of travels to partner Community-Based
organizations across northern Uganda and West Nile. FICH in collaboration with GRIC regional office
will oversee and supervise the individual recruited for this position.
1. Identify the capacity needs of six CBOs partnering with FICH and GRiC and support them to fill the identified gaps.
2. Monitor and supervise the work of the CBO partners.
3. Recruit short-term consultants, on a need basis, to strengthen the capacity of
4. Review narrative and financial reports from the CBO partners, provide feedback and
ensure all the reports are submitted to GRiC on time.
5. Facilitate networking, reflection, and learning opportunities by organizing virtual and in-
person meetings with the CBOs.
6. Organize field visits to CBO partner organizations and project sites as required.
7. Compile monthly, quarterly, and annual narrative reports and submit them to GRiC on time.
8. Enhance visibility of the work of the CBOs partners through GRiC and FICH social media
sites, websites, periodical newsletters, and annual reports.
Required Qualifications and Experience
1. A minimum university degree in education, community development/social work or a relevant
2. Demonstrable experience and technical expertise of at least five years in project management and
coordination. Experience in capacity development, organizational development, gender and
inclusive education mainstreaming and coordination of education projects will be an added
3. Demonstrable experience in working in rural communities
4. Prepared to commit and adhere to FICH’s Safeguarding Policies and Code of Conduct
5. Possessing good adult facilitation, influencing, advocacy, and community engagement skills
6. Able to accommodate different views and work across different cultures
7. Possessing primary and secondary data collection, compilation and analysis skills
8. Able to write in fluent English and report on project progress and impact
9. Able to work proficiently with MS Office applications including Word, excel, email, and PowerPoint.
To express your interest in the position, please submit your curriculum vitae and a cover letter
describing your experience and qualifications as they relate to this position. In addition, please
provide details of three professional referees. All applications should be emailed to
email@example.com by January 26, 2023. On the subject of your email, write Application for CBO Strengthening Program.